Member of the Month – Bob Sendelbach
We are very excited to award our October 2016 Member of the Month to Bob Sendelbach. Bob is one of the first few members at CrossFit Healthy Nut and remains to be a constant in the community. Bob is the glue that holds the 6pm class together and on occasion graces the 6am class with his presence. Training at CrossFit Healthy Nut has helped Bob become stronger and healthier as he continues to improve everyday by showing up consistently and working hard. Bob goes down in our history as our first Member of the Month and it couldn’t go to a better guy as he represents everything we enjoy the most about our community.
Continue reading below to get to know more about Bob and his CrossFit experience.
- Tell us About yourself.
I’m a 32-year-old professional with a wife, two kids, and a lazy old dog. I work from home and spend most of my day either on the phone or in front of my computer.
- What made you want to start CrossFit? Why do you do it now?
Originally, peer pressure. Now, because of the community and accountability it provides – there are no short cuts or half days.
- What were your thoughts after your 1st WOD?
I have a long, long, long way to go before this is actually fun.
- What is your proudest CrossFit Moment?
My first successful Toes-To-Bar (and getting my wife hooked on coming in).
- What is your favorite and least favorite movement/lift?
Favorite: Cleans or Tire Flips
Least favorite: Burpees. All the burpees. Bar facing burpees. Burpees over the bar. Burpees over the rower. All burpees.
- What are your CrossFit goals and how close are you to reaching them?
10 unbroken Toes to Bar
- What impact has CrossFit had on you in and out of the gym?
I’m down 20 lbs since the day I walked in. I feel better, I have more energy, and can tell a physical difference in how I look in the mirror.
- What is your Diet like and has it changed since you started CrossFit?
I’m eating better because I’m working so hard for the results in the gym. After you work for an hour, it’s much more difficult to throw it away by eating junk.
- What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit or thinking about trying CrossFit for the first time?
Don’t be intimidated or think that you need a certain of fitness before you walk in the door. Crossfit is all about community – find a box where you are welcomed, comfortable, and well coached. Don’t hesitate to look around until you find a place that provides all three – you’ll have a better chance of achieving your goals.
- How has CrossFit made you feel more prepared for the inevitable zombie apocalypse?
We invited Mundo and Kali to church – hopefully they feel more prepared for the zombie apocalypse.